encourage your kid to explore and express themselves through contemporary dance
Contact Us for More Information.
Youth and Families
Though the focus of Flux + Flow is to provide a space for adults to explore movement and express themselves, we value our entire community.
Exploring movement and self expression is important at all ages. For that reason, we have a number of classes available for youth and families.
Tuesdays 5.00-6.00 pm
This class facilitates experience and knowledge of contemporary forms through creative movement, improvisation, somatic techniques, and composition. Emphasis is on weight, space, and shape practiced through individual and group awareness and choice-making. Improve coordination, ability, observation, rhythm, and self-confidence. We explore artistic expression, respect for self and others, and collaboration.
Mondays 5.00-6.00 pm
This class facilitates experiential knowledge of contemporary dance through composition and improvsiation while incorporating kinesiology, anatomy, and somatic-based practices. Emphasis is on time, weight, space, and form through individual and group practice and choice-making. Improve technique, kinesthetic awareness, creativity, self-confidence and peer response. We explore artistic expression, respect for self and others, and collaboration.
Monthly pass : $50
First trial class $10
every 3rd Thursday the month - 5.00 pm
Multigenerational movement classes open to all ages. A wonderful chance to share a playful and creative movement experience with those dearest to your heart.
every 1st Thursday of the month - 5.00 pm
Come move, play, and share the joy of yoga as a family. This is a playful, active class that will build strength, flexibility, balance, and confidence in the growing child. We incorporate imagery and song into the practice to make it lots of fun for children and their grown-ups. Yoga comes naturally to children and this class helps light the way for a lifetime of health and overall well-being. Accessible and fun for all ages!
RATES : kids free, Standard rate for adults
- Our youth and family dance classes require a weekly commitment for at least a 1 month duration. While our adult classes are a “drop-in” format, we see value in having consistency for our youth in order to forge a respectful relationship and to develop ideas and concepts.
- Youth are free to wear whatever makes them comfortable. Our only advice is that they wear something that has the stretch and fit to accommodate their moving bodies.
- Please be on time. We begin our classes by warming up our bodies to avoid injury. Students more than 10 minutes late will not be permitted to take class.
- F+F and its employees are not liable for any injuries or loss of property sustained while students are in class or on the premises.
- F+F reserves the right to cancel any class due to insufficient attendance. Instructors are subject to change.
- Payments may be made in cash, debit card, MasterCard, Visa or personal check. A form of identification may be requested with certain methods of payment.
- Food and drink (except water) are not permitted in the studios.
- F+F reserves the right to remove a student from class due to disruptive behavior.
- Payment is due prior to the beginning of each class.
- No refunds are offered for classes taken or pre registered master classes/workshops.